Without a view of what’s right, how will you know it when you see it?
I hold the following truths self-evident:
- Marketing is about changing behaviour whether this is the behaviour of customers, employees, influencers or even competitors
- No one should ever fight on a level playing field – marketing must stack the odds in your favour, confound the efforts of competitors and create irrational loyalty among customers
- Doing the same old, same old will result in the same old, same old – as Einstein said, we will not solve problems using the same thinking that created them
- It’s vital to look outside the marketing bubble, to use the best thinking and approaches no matter where they come from
- Thinking is open source – it should be collaborative, open to influence both between you and I and between you and your customers and stakeholders
- The one constant today is change – all strategies must be adaptable, able to change at a moment’s notice
- Anything is possible – it’s just a matter of working out how and doing it before the competition
Agree? Disagree? Get in touch.